I have enjoyed watching the college “bowl” games over the past few weeks. The athleticism exhibited in these games is nothing short of amazing. Weather my team won or lost I stood in awe of what these young men can do with their bodies. I also know that this doesn’t just happen; it is the result of incredible hard work and discipline. In my weekly prayer letter to the church I listed the disciplines that have fueled my life for many years. I hope you enjoy them – and I would appreciate your feedback:
1. Get out of bed and take care of your body – it’s the only one you’ll ever have.
2. Get into God’s Word – pray, sing, and fill your life with thoughts of God. This is spiritual fuel for all kinds of ministry.
3. Give to God a significant portion of what God is giving you; this applies to money and everything else;
4. The matter what your job – give it 115% of your effort;
5. Cultivate lifelong friendships;
6. And finally – smile (if nothing else people will wonder what you are up to)!
These disciplines have held me together for many years. I commend them to you!