Announcements for Greensboro First Presbyterian – Join Us for Worship Sunday!
Special Announcement: Our new Interim Pastor is the Rev Alex Stevens. Alex has had extensive training and experience as an interim pastor and also in pastoral/spiritual care. In his 16 years of ministry he has served installed, interim and supply pastor positions and he has also served as a hospital chaplain. His most resent assignment was with the Homer Presbyterian Church as their Interim Pastor. He is a member of the Committee on Ministry of Northeast Georgia Presbytery.
In the PC (USA), the Interim Pastor will work in the following areas.
- Worship leadership and preaching
- Pastoral care
- Work with the session to provide for the life and ministry of the congregation
- Administrative work including supervision of other staff persons
- Staff support for programs and committees of the congregation
- In addition, an Interim/Transitional Pastor leads a congregation during the transition time after an installed pastor has departed, helping the congregation prepare to welcome the leadership of a new installed pastor.
- Interim/Transitional pastors will help the session provide for continuity of essential programs, and may assist the session in assessing needs for changes in programs and ministries of the congregation.
- The Interim/Transitional pastor may, if the session and the Committee on Ministry approve, work with the session in a mission study or assist the Pastor Nominating Committee in gathering data for the writing of the Ministry Information Form. With those possible exceptions, the Interim/Transitional pastor may not be involved in the work and discernment of the PNC.
- A good Interim/Transitional pastor will “hit the ground running," beginning his/her time with the congregation with intensity and energy, and will leave with intentionality, engaging in a “good goodbye” with the congregation and its staff.
January 22, 2017, 11 AM Worship
Pastor:: The Rev Alex Stevens will lead us in Worship.
Hymns: "He Has Made Me Glad"; "O for a Thousand Tongues"; "Lord, You Have Come to the Lakeshore";
Anthem: Solist, Harold Parker, "Ancient Words"; "You Lift Me Up"
Old Testament Lesson: Isaiah 9: 1-4
Psalm: Psalm 27: 1, 4-9
New Testament: 1 Corinthians 1:10-18
Gospel Lesson: Matthew 4:12-23
Sermon: Follow Me
After Church Join Us for a Covered Dish Dinner in the Fellowship Hall to Welcome Alex and Joan Stevens.
WEDNESDAY: The choir will practice this Wednesday at 7 PM.
- Sunday School: The Fellowship class is taking a January, February break and will resume class the first Sunday in March.
- Men of the Church Lunch: This month only will be Tuesday January 31, 2016 at Pickle Barrel. Lunch is Free for all who come. FPOG Join us at 11:30 AM.
- Presbyterian Women Meeting: Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 4:00 PM in the FPOG Followship Hall.